Marsha Tomassi » Our Board of Directors
CEO, The Ultimate Inner Cook
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Marsha Tomassi is the creative and organizational force behind the Ultimate Inner Cook, a Richmond-based company dedicated to helping clients learn that healthy eating should also be delicious and fun. This is demonstrated in the book, One Bite at a Time: Nourishing Recipes for People with Cancer, Survivors, and Their Friends (Ten Speed Press, Oct 2004). Private and group cooking classes, event planning and almost anything culinary is on her plate!
Background: Over 20 years in banking with Security Pacific and Bank of America, both in retail and regional management. Leaving Bank of America in 1999 as Vice President/Manager, Marsha wanted to take a new course and did so when asked to work part-time for a local Financial Planner to help structure and build upon existing business. In 2001, she went on a new course to create and build The Ultimate Inner Cook. As a parallel to her work, she was the part-time Executive Director of the CCA Educational Foundation.
Community Service: She has been a motivating member of the Point Richmond Business Association—chairing The Point Richmond Stroll for ten years, working on various committees to develop increased and sustainable businesses in Point Richmond. She served as President of the Point Richmond Business Association for four years and as a board member for six years, as President of the National Institute of Art & Disabilities (NIAD) for three years and as board member for 14 years.
Other community service projects include:
- Currently the Treasurer and board member of 8 years for The Many Hands Project at Washington Elementary School
- Fundraising committee member for 10 years at the California Culinary Academy Educational Foundation
- Board member of the Richmond Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Board member and Treasurer of the Richmond Museum Association and Red Oak Victory Ship
- Advisor to the Old Skool Café in San Francisco
- Advisory Board member for WCCUSD-Academy of Hospitality and International Tourism
- Member of the Richmond Community Foundation’s development committee