Join Our Staff
Why Work Here?
Richmond Community Foundation’s goal is to create healthy, sustainable communities in Contra Costa County. We believe in the Theory of Change, in which we identify a realistic long-term goal and consider what conditions need to be in place to reach it. The majority of our long-term goals entail measuring and tackling social and economic challenges that local residents face.
We take our community’s issues seriously, and are continuously searching for concerned listeners, earnest thinkers, capable communicators, talented problem-solvers, and devoted professionals who want to learn, grow and most importantly, make the communities of Contra Costa County healthy and sustainable for the people who work, live and thrive here.
A career at RCF offers countless opportunities, an empowered workforce and a supportive environment. We pride ourselves in recognizing our associates’ and teams’ successes in our goal to solve our community’s most urgent concerns.
When you join RCF, you’ll find a culture where every person is a vital part of the solution and an essential voice of the community. We aim to be a safe place for anyone on our staff to learn, explore and grow. Ultimately, we strive to generate tangible results that will change the way our entire community works, lives and succeeds.
The mission of SparkPoint Contra Costa is to provide one-stop financial education centers that help struggling individuals and families make ends meet. Each center brings together a full range of services in one location to help clients create a step by step plan to set and achieve financial goals.
The SparkPoint Coordinator – Richmond assumes responsibility for the implementation of a single program, ensuring compliance with stated objectives of the project. This position coordinates the work of others within the program; and works with other initiatives as necessary.
The position reports to the SparkPoint Senior Director with responsibility for the implementation of quality assurance practices and management reporting tools for the ECM client management tool for SparkPoint Contra Costa. The Coordinator works to strengthen community connections and build advocacy and pathways to financial sustainability for clients. The position provides general office management and administrative support. The position also supports the vision and mission of the Foundation and SparkPoint Contra Costa through the effective implementation of appropriate elements of SparkPoint services. Collaborating with staff and key stakeholders from throughout the community, the Coordinator will facilitate the principles of collective impact to deliver successful outcomes that effect positive community change. The successful candidate will have a commitment to working effectively in a diverse community and will have experience in community development or a related field.
- In collaboration with the SparkPoint Director, creates the plan and process for coordination of ECM quality assurance.
- Provides ECM implementation assistance including communications, review and feedback from partner staff regarding ease of use and design of forms, understanding the software logic, inputs and reports.
- Provides support for new partners as they learn the ECM system.
- Manages and analyzes regular ECM monitoring reports.
- Maintains calendar of due dates for QA and ECM activities, such as ECM implementation schedule, QA program reports, data inputs, survey dates, and other QA activities such as internal audits and other important due dates.
- Participate in Financial Coaching training, develop goals and plans with clients, and provide basic financial coaching as needed toward these goals.
- Serve as liaison between the SparkPoint office and RCF for office systems and equipment
- Oversee scheduling and usage of SparkPoint spaces.
- Assist with the onboarding process of new partners and serve as the point of contact for the office.
- Manage the day to day operations and scheduling of the SparkPoint office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA in related field with 3+ years’ experience in areas of data management, quality assurance, and/or project administration.
- Knowledge of college enrollment and financial aid operations
- Experience with ECM client information tool is desired.
- Experience in basic financial coaching.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, desktop publishing, and Internet research.
- Excellent database management knowledge, report generation skills, and records maintenance skills.
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize competing duties in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of advocacy concepts and strategies and ability to contribute to community building efforts
- Experience in planning and organizing events.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
The Richmond Community Foundation (RCF) harnesses the power of connection to build healthy, thriving communities. RCF impacts the areas of education, health, public safety, economic development, and the physical environment through its three Cs of effective community building: Coach, Connect, Contribute.
Equity is the core value of the work that we do. At the Richmond Community Foundation, we define equity as freedom from bias or favoritism. Our goal is to make sure everyone has what they need to attain their full power so we all may participate and flourish in an equitable and honest environment. Send your resume and cover letter to Stacey Street, COO (Chief Operations Officer) at SStreet@richmondcf.org.
In addition to any openings above, you may send your resume as general inquiry by clicking here.
Employees at RCF enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, retirement savings with employer match, paid time off, and work/life balance.