Join Our Staff
Why Work Here?
Richmond Community Foundation’s goal is to create healthy, sustainable communities in Contra Costa County. We believe in the Theory of Change, in which we identify a realistic long-term goal and consider what conditions need to be in place to reach it. The majority of our long-term goals entail measuring and tackling social and economic challenges that local residents face.
We take our community’s issues seriously, and are continuously searching for concerned listeners, earnest thinkers, capable communicators, talented problem-solvers, and devoted professionals who want to learn, grow and most importantly, make the communities of Contra Costa County healthy and sustainable for the people who work, live and thrive here.
A career at RCF offers countless opportunities, an empowered workforce and a supportive environment. We pride ourselves in recognizing our associates’ and teams’ successes in our goal to solve our community’s most urgent concerns.
When you join RCF, you’ll find a culture where every person is a vital part of the solution and an essential voice of the community. We aim to be a safe place for anyone on our staff to learn, explore and grow. Ultimately, we strive to generate tangible results that will change the way our entire community works, lives and succeeds.
The Richmond Community Foundation on behalf of eQuip Richmond, seeks a Director for CoBiz. Reporting to the President and CEO of the Richmond Community Foundation, with additional accountability to the eQuip Richmond Executive Team and the CoBiz partner agencies which include the Richmond Chamber of Commerce, Richmond Main Street Initiative, and Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center. The CoBiz Director is responsible for recruiting anchor tenants and CoBiz members, providing services to tenants and members, and conducting market research and outreach. The position requires the ability to work with business clients, consultants and instructors; write technical reports; maintain project timelines; the ability to collaborate across organizations; and work with diverse groups of people to achieve key results. We seek a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is highly organized and is passionate about entrepreneurship and economic development.
- Working in partnership with the eQuip Richmond Executive Team and CoBiz partners, develop and maintain policies and procedures related to the use of CoBiz.
- Lead the performance process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for CoBiz, including the progress of clients and the financial operations of the CoBiz facility.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of CoBiz.
- Build and maintain a network of partner organizations (VC’s, universities, local and regional government and accelerators)
- Develop Affiliate Partnerships and other business development opportunities to increase CoBiz membership.
- Coordinate the scheduling, registrations and client intake of program related services; referring clients to appropriate programs.
- Supervise and manage up to 5 CoBiz staff, including but not limited to Innovation Strategy Manager, Marketing and Networking Manager, IT Manager, CoBiz Host, and others.
- Oversee the Communications and Marketing functions of CoBiz and lead the development of communications, public relations and marketing strategies.
- Attend partner meetings, networking events and other opportunities to promote CoBiz.
- Connect student and young adult entrepreneurs (aged 16 to 26) to incubator ecosystem and help them to grow their community initiatives, business ventures and build their personal and professional networks.
- Manage the CoBiz operating budget, working closely with the eQuip Richmond Executive Team and CoBiz partners to forecast and project spending, and manage anticipated and unanticipated changes in revenue and expenses.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field, or seven or more years of related experience in business management, business consulting, or business development. Experience in co-working spaces with knowledge of place-making or public space activation preferred.
- Ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into organizational plans with a passion for entrepreneurship.
- Effectively build CoBiz staff capacity, and CoBiz processes to that ensure the organization runs smoothly.
- Capacity to enforce accountability, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team in order to put people and partners in a position to succeed.
- Action oriented – able to act and react as necessary – even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation when necessary.
- Thorough understanding of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, marketing, and general business practices, applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage diverse client casework and to evaluate, motivate, and monitor business consultants in multiple industries; understanding of curriculum and adult learning a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; strength in conducting presentations to diverse audiences
- This position requires the ability to travel locally and regionally with a flexible schedule that will include some evening and weekend hours. Ability to work independently and manage a variety of competing tasks. Computer proficiency including working knowledge of MS Office applications, relational databases and social media.
- Knowledge of urban communities and local region preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Salary is based on experience. This is an exempt position. Health benefits, vacation, sick leave and retirement options are provided.
To apply :
Applications (including a resume and cover letter), should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list job title in the subject line of the email. Only candidates who are being actively considered will be contacted. The position will be open until filled. The Richmond Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.
In addition to any openings above, you may send your resume as general inquiry by clicking here.
Employees at RCF enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, retirement savings with employer match, paid time off, and work/life balance.